Are you attending the BCHDEVCON in Amsterdam this weekend?
Here are some fun things to do this weekend ( 26, 27 & 28 Oct.) to let off some steam and feel some Amsterdam vibes.
- This Saturday Amsterdam West is in the spotlight for 24 hours at 24h West. There are special events held in this neighborhood, you can go around for a walk and lots of hotspots have special offers as well on this day! Check the Facebook event here.
- Hotspot Pompet in Amsterdam North will stay open during the winter and that’s a reason for celebration at their Winterfeest. The terrace will be traded for the restaurant, where they’ll keep on serving French dishes. You can extend this up until five courses! Great way to close off your weekend with, I’d say. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Do you love shopping, and as much as possible at once? Go to the Vintage Kilo Sale at RADION this Sunday. 15 Euros per kilo, as many as you’d like. Makes me greedy already imagining it ;-). Check the Facebook event here.
- Do you need a reason to visit the Artis Zoo again? Yes? Then we have one for you; a baby Gorilla has been born!
- Dance-tip of the weekend: Honey Halloween Special in the ClubUp! The best R&B and HipHop this Saturday. Be there on time or buy your ticket beforehand. And before I forget… dressing up is a must! Click here for the Facebook event.
- Another dance-tip, if you’re into the hits of years ago; Happy Feelings x Rewind in the Marktkantine! Also on Saturday, so unfortunately you’re going to have to choose (or go to both of course). But this is also bound to be a great party! Click here for the Facebook event.
- In honor of Halloween they’re serving only spooky spirits at the cocktail bar House Bar this Saturday during their Haunted House Bar 2.0. Dressing up is encouraged, and the one who has the best costume will be awarded with a stay in the hotel! Check the Facebook event for more info.
- Denim-lovers, pay attention! This Saturday the Amsterdam Denim Days are in the Westergasfabriek. For a nice vintage find, but also for just drinks and food, with several stands of all kinds of denim brands. Check the Facebook event here.
- Do you need to catch up on some sleep (and energy), but you still want to go out? Go to the Night of History in the Rijksmuseum this Saturday. The theme this year is ‘Resistance’ and there are many readings, debates and interviews. Check the Facebook event for all the info and good to know; students receive a discount.
- How great is this new spot? For Bubble Tea and vegan pancakes! Read all about Mr. Stacks in De Pijp here >>
- Another culture tip: Gaudi and the Amsterdam School in Museum het Schip. For the first time in thirteen years the works of Gaudi are in The Netherlands open for audience. Check the Facebook event here.
- If there’s one Amsterdam-based photographer whose work I admire it’s got to be Cor Jaring. And good news for everyone who’s also a fan of his iconic black and white photos, because there’s a new exposition on his work at gallery Joseph & James that you can visit up until November 30. Read all about “Amsterdam through his lens, 1950 – 1980” here >>
- YES, of course there are also oysters on Sunday this weekend! For example at Zilte Zondag at Razmataz. For one euro a piece and they’re promising lots of Sancerre with it. So that’s a great deal if you ask me ;-). Click here for the Facebook event.
- Something else than oysters, namely Korean Brunch + Asian G&Ts on Sunday at Bar Karakter. Check the Facebook event here.
- PIZZA-LOVERS! Do you already know Toni Loco at the Albert Cuypstraat? Read all about this new spot here >>
- Is it already marked in your schedule? Our friends of Sjefietshe are turning TWO years old and of course they have to celebrate. And they will, on Friday November 2! Read all about it here >>
- Nice: the pop-up store of Zolder47 at De Hallen. De attic of the hotels have been searched and the best items will be sold for a nice price this Saturday and Sunday. So definitely recommended if you want to give your interior a boost! Check the site for more info.
- The Pure Market is – of course – again present this weekend, in Park Frankendael this time. The well-known formula, that in our opinion doesn’t ever get boring. Click here for the Facebook event.
- If you really want to go all out, this Sunday at IZAKAYA they’re having a Supreme Brunch. Cocktails, champagne, and of course lots of food. Click here for the Facebook event.
- Soccer fan or not, this is a match that you kind of have to see… Ajax against Feyenoord! Unless you’re a supporter of Feyenoord of course, then save yourself the energy ’cause you’re going to lose ;-). Several spots are airing the match, like Tapmarin or Taproom.
- Hotspot De Tulp is celebrating its one year anniversary this Sunday, and doing it Latin-style. The Chef is preparing a special menu for this occasion and of course there will be enough drinks for everyone. There will also be salsa and bachata lessons! Check the Facebook event here.
- Do you love bok beer? Then go to the Beurs van Berlage this Friday or Saturday, as that’s where the Bokbierfestival is held. There’s also a beer sommelier and lots of pairing bites and snacks. Check the Facebook event here.
- This Sunday there’s also the Museum Market at the Museum Square. For items such as jewelry or posters, but also nice art work for inside your home. Great to stop by if you’re in the area!
by: Anne de Buck